P O E T I C --- P A I N T I N G S


"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" -- da Vinci

To write poetry, you must read and, read some more -- Me





Nov 22, 2007

Sachet In Secret Places







Sniff deep of me,

for I am the white
five point cluster
whose fragrance wafts
on a soft southern
breeze.

Remnant
of lazy afternoons
I border verandas,
engulf
sips of iced tea
or mint juleps.

This evening
it is the sun
who is ephemeral
and dips
behind mauve
and coral clouds;

my bouquet lingers,
covertly smiles
and drifts citrus scent;

unseen, my aroma will sachet
itself through your window
tonight,
inundate senses,

perfume erogenous places
where once pale laced
hankies secretly slept
or a sensuous hand
slyly crept.

I am Magnolia.

No comments: