P O E T I C --- P A I N T I N G S


"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" -- da Vinci

To write poetry, you must read and, read some more -- Me





Mar 20, 2009

What is Poetry.






There are two basic types of poetry.
  1. Traditional - follows standard rules of grammar and syntax with a regular rhythm and rhyme scheme.
  2. Modern - avoids rhyme and standard grammatical organization and seeks new ways of expression.
One Rule!

Read a poem several times. That way you can "hear" the piece and feel its emotion.


The poetry here on WANDERER'S NOOK is mainly the "modern" form of poetry.

I consider myself a modern writer of poetry.

I refuse to really call myself a "Poet" because I haven't matured enough in writing in order to have the honor to sit at a desk next to Billy Collins, Margaret Atwood, Rita Dove, etc. So, I tap, tap, tap on, at this key board until the Poet in me breaths life.

Basics of Poetry: READ MORE


,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: