P O E T I C --- P A I N T I N G S


"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" -- da Vinci

To write poetry, you must read and, read some more -- Me





Sep 4, 2009

Haiku

Original Haiku is: A Japanese poem composed of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five morae, usually containing a season word.
Western Haiku has changed this lovely form from its origins. 


the dragonfly's tail, too
day by day
grows old
-Issa, 1807


More about Haiku

2 comments:

Nothing Profound said...

I love haiku. And Issa is one of my favorites. Was just perusing a volume of his at the library.

djWhite said...

Welcome to the Nook merry Wanderer. Please come see us often.

Haiku is such a lovely form of poetry. Short and sweet but difficult to write.