P O E T I C --- P A I N T I N G S


"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" -- da Vinci

To write poetry, you must read and, read some more -- Me





Dec 11, 2007

Metaphors --Sylvia Plath


Sylvia Plath





I'm a riddle in nine syllables.
An elephant, a ponderous house,
A melon strolling on two tendrils.
O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers!
This loaf's big with its yeasty rising.
Money's new-minted in this fat purse.
I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.
I've eaten a bag of green apples,
Boarded the train there's no getting off. --Sylvia Plath


This poem was written by Sylvia Plath. She was pregnant at the time and wrote of how she felt.

I think she beautifully described or showed how pregnancy affects many of us. The last line sums it up well..."boarded the train there's no getting off" This is an excellent piece of writing.

1 comment:

Marchiesal Bustamante said...

sylvia plath! my goddess of verse!
:)