P O E T I C --- P A I N T I N G S


"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" -- da Vinci

To write poetry, you must read and, read some more -- Me





Jan 2, 2008

Curtain



I saw you slip past

the curtain of my eyes,
and stoop


in the garden
among the collards, black-eyed peas
and corn.


Your back shunned the sun,
as your gnarled hands picked
their tender leaves, stocks
and buds,

I heard your voice murmured
a prophetic eulogy:

"peace be still,
peace be still"

as if you knew
soon, to soon.


that I'd miss
the oldness of you;


wiseness that weaved through
your hair, shrewdness
that moistened your lips

now--

your ears are deaf,
your eyes are blind

and your whisper
has gone mute

eternally cold.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: